Original topic:

Samsung messed up Galaxy phones

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userGarD4Dq5Dt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the one thing I absolutely loved about galaxy up to the s20 was Samsung Pay/Wallet I have has galaxy since the 4 but why I loved Samsung Pay so much was it allowed the use of the MST technology..ok I went from the 10 and just got in June 2024 the s20 ultra 5g ..the last phones to have MST built in and guess what ..I can't put my pin in to set it up because the app will not let you punch in a pin when I punch the first digit it repeats it and fills all digits and then says I can't use the same number more than 3 times...I've done everything I have called Samsung wallet tech and nobody has any will to help..**bleep** you Samsung .

3 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have to put in a pin (although I have the ability to), because I have biometrics enabled, and if I want to pay with my phone, all I have to do is tap the fingerprint scanner. I don't even remember setting up a pin for the app on the phone, although it's been so long, I could have.  I certainly did not on my new phone, so it either transferred over from my old phone, or it's in my Samsung Wallet account. It's the same pin as on my watch.  Perhaps yours uses the same pin as on your old phone.  I don't know if it's device specific or Pay specific.

Did you transfer from your old phone via smart switch, or restore a backup of your old phone?

I don't usually pay with my phone unless it's already out of my purse and in my hand for some reason--that's what I bought the watch for.

0 Likes
userGarD4Dq5Dt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
nope, what phone do u have?
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A54, previously S10lite