Original topic:

Shared clipboard

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 08:46 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to be that I could copy things to the clipboard on my S10, and then go to the PC that was using "link to windows" and I could paste it on the PC.  That doesn't seem to work anymore.  I found that Swiftkey from Microsoft was supposed to share clipboard, but apparently the source has to be something typed in Swiftkey keyboard.  I can't just select something on the phone and put it in the keyboard and expect it to show up in the PC clipboard.

Did something change with clipboard handling or some new option defaulted to a way that stopped that from working or something else?  Anyone know how to make this work without Swiftkey's limited ability?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found it.  Maybe this was a new option that defaulted to off (I don't THINK I would have turned it off for any reason). So, on the PC, I opened up the Phone Link app. Then went to Settings|Features and found the "Cross-device copy and paste".  I turned it on and now it seems to work again.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found it.  Maybe this was a new option that defaulted to off (I don't THINK I would have turned it off for any reason). So, on the PC, I opened up the Phone Link app. Then went to Settings|Features and found the "Cross-device copy and paste".  I turned it on and now it seems to work again.