Original topic:

Sign in cut off on other Samsung devices

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
two12green
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When my existing cell phone service provider sent me a new phone, as soon as they switched the cell account to the new phone I not only could not sign into the old phone but I could no longer sign into my Samsung smart TV!!!

Neither the new passwords work on the old phone or the new one.  And the TV won't respond to either.

And I want to be able to open the old phone to use as a music player and possible emergency 911 calls.  Not going to switch it to another carrier.
PLUS why should I lose access to my Smart TV because of this?

How do I get access to old phone and the SmartTV  again?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@two12green Changing your phone shouldn't affect your TV and it shouldn't prevent you from logging into your old phone. I've switched to a new phone many, many times and have never had this issue.

Did you change your phone number? 

Are you saying that the lock screen password no longer works on your old phone? 

0 Likes
two12green
Constellation
Options
Yes. That's what I'm saying.
As soon as they activated my new phone the passwords on my TV and the old phone donn't work.
And I didn't magically forget my password - and I had it written down by the TV if I'd had.
As soon as they activated this phone the original password wouldn't work.
The new password wouldn't work.
My Samsung account password won't work.
It may as well not be a SmartTV anymore.
I haven't tried a factory reset yet I'm trying to avoid that
But that wouldn't help the old phone which also won't open for any of those passwords either.
And all I can find on Google is how to unlock a phone for a new carrier.
I like that you think this isn't possible but I prise you., it happened
0 Likes
two12green
Constellation
Options

And I didn't change my phone number

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Galaxy
Options

I'm confused - your television wouldn't have anything to do with your phone, as longhiker said they are two separate entities. and if you're having issues with the samsung account, then how are you on community right now? You need a samsung account to access the community. So whatever you used to sign in here would be the same across the television and your phone. I would say send screenshots of what you're seeing message-wise on your devices, because I don't think any of us understand fully what you're talking about. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@two12green Not sure what happened here, but there has to be more to the story. Changing your phone, even changing your SIM card wouldn't normally cause this type of issue. 

Even if you changed your phone number, the only difficulty might be changing where your MFA is sent. 

0 Likes
two12green
Constellation
Options
Funny how no one has said about the TV "Why don't you just update the password - hit 'forgot password' and set a new one"
Because you know I've looked online and haven't found instructions on how to do that? There's no way to do it through the TV.
And you haven't mentioned it.
Because Samsung's attitude is " Too bad! Buy a new tv."?
But thanks for calling me a liar
I'll stick with other brands
0 Likes