JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suggestion for Samsung to support Android Head tracking for Galaxy phones

(Topic created: 11-14-2023 03:47 AM)
AetherScorpion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a suggestion for Samsung. I have a pair of Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones and they released an updated about two months ago that enabled head tracking for Android 13 devices. The way to obtain head tracking is through a Pixel phone, which currently do not not support Dolby Atmos 💀, a primal spacial audio format. I have a Tidal HiFi Plus subscription to use Dolby Atmos, and Galaxy phones support it, but only allow head tracking on their own ecosystem (Galaxy buds). I feel that Samsung should allow head tracking (or as Samsung calls it, "360 Audio") for all headphones compatible with the feature and not exclusively enable it for their own products. (Don't turn into Apple Samsung pls). Hopefully this feature comes soon! I ❤️ Galaxy phones btw!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello AetherScorpion,
Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung.  Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

8 Replies
EddSmsng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yeah i agree, i also need my linkbuds s for the spatial audio

grasshaiboi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

right! i also have the linkbuds s and cant find a way to get android head tracking on my samsung 

Nikgosan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Agreed. I was disappointed to find this is not supported on my 1000xm5
Drewlew
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this is appalling I love Samsung but this is an apple tactic

AetherScorpion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ikr! Hopefully this changes soon 🙏
Members_CHD9fnW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

why lock devices out that support functions? I am not going to throw away my expensive headphones and buy into your ecosystem. I am just going to tell friends - "how crummy is samsung!"

0 Likes
AetherScorpion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Precisely 👍
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello AetherScorpion,
Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung.  Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.