JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Transferring Contacts to pc

(Topic created: 06-14-2022 09:12 AM)
userSyY1t2FjQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've followed the steps to export my S7 Contacts. That worked, so they are now on the S7 SD card. So how do I transfer them to my Windows 10 PC? When I connect to the PC via a USP port a process immediately starts trying to transfer photos & videos.  If I cancel it so I can get to what I want to so, it immediately restarts!

How do I get out of the photos/video endless loop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSyY1t2FjQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The answer to my question is the Windows setting that indicates what the user wants to happen when a device is connected to a USB port. Apparently this defaults to load Photos & Videos.  That may be fine for users that never do anything but load photos & videos, but others, like myself, need this setting should be changed to "Let me decide every time." Then when the cell phone is connected to a USB port the option can be changed to "Open device to view files in File Explorer." Thus the wanted file can be accessed without removing the micro SD card from the phone.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you have a USB converter for the SD card? If not, you should get one and then plug it directly into your PC.
0 Likes
userSyY1t2FjQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thx.

Do you mean take the SD out of the phone and plug into my old Stop USB2 adapter? Guess I could do that but seem odd to have to go that route.

0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thought that would be easier than trying to diagnose your problem.
0 Likes
userSyY1t2FjQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. It worked.  I hesitate to to accept this as a Solution to the question I posted, i.e., the to stop the unwanted attempts to sync Photos & videos. I got the answer to that question at MS Communities. Also, once the got the Contacts fine on my PC I discovered it allowed me to browse my S7 Contacts seeing them one at a time. What I really need to add all of them to the Windows 365 Outlook Contacts. 

I do appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Solution
userSyY1t2FjQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The answer to my question is the Windows setting that indicates what the user wants to happen when a device is connected to a USB port. Apparently this defaults to load Photos & Videos.  That may be fine for users that never do anything but load photos & videos, but others, like myself, need this setting should be changed to "Let me decide every time." Then when the cell phone is connected to a USB port the option can be changed to "Open device to view files in File Explorer." Thus the wanted file can be accessed without removing the micro SD card from the phone.