Original topic:

Trouble matching s20 and galaxy 5 watch after forced phone factory reset

(Topic created: yesterday)
Islwyn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing great. My S20 5G crashed while I was asleep and I woke up to a black screen with three options: Try again, power off or reset user data (not sure about this one)

Tried to restart over and over, ended up in endless recovery mode and had no other choice but to try a complete factory reset. 

I obviously lost everything as I never wanted to use the cloud save. However I still have some important data (my contacts and sms history) on my watch which I cannot copy to my phone anymore. My phone asks for a full reset of the watch to connect, and my watch requires connecting to the same google account before matching. My problem is that my watch was not connected to my google account and it seems I can not link it to my phone without it as my phone is now branded as a new pair device.

Any way to bypass this google account step or another method to share my contact list and synchronize sms history with my phone ? I dont really care about the multimedia and health data.

Thanks a lot,

Best,

T

0 Likes
3 Replies
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, and been there. You have to connect to the Playstore for watchfaces.
0 Likes
Islwyn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Eh... so there is absolutely no way to connect my watch to Google without pairing it with my phone ?

0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
WebOS, right? No, you have to. I created an account on my device and then deleted it. Go to a free email site using an EU VPN. If not in the EU. They don't ask for telephone numbers. Several US states have strong privacy laws if stateside. CA, CO, IA, TX, and VA. are the ones i am aware of. You are gonna have to dial down your security while trying to connect. You may have to delete the watch manager from apps and previous pairing. Let the phone prompt you to re-download. Also, during setup, you have to be wearing the watch, and it charged to 100%. The software and process are finicky. You may have to do it a few times. Also, you have to agree to Googleā€™s full stalking package. Just delete the account afterwards and sign in when needed. I hate Samsung connected to Google but found a workaround to stop their predatory behavior.
0 Likes