Original topic:

UI Cache - okay to clear?

(Topic created: 07-16-2024 05:08 PM)
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think it's a big deal to clear this or not, but since I have a 3rd party clear cache app that has a "switch" to exempt certain apps from clearing. I happened to see the system app "UI," on the list which I was surprised to see, but since I'm no wizard on this stuf

f, and since Samsung updates are notoriously messy, I switched it OFF to keep it as is. However, I'm thinking maybe it's not such a bad idea to clear it in order to let in clean stuff by purging the old. 

Does anyone have an opinion on this if whether to clean it out just leave it alone? 
4 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As long as it's cache files and not actual data it should be fine to clean those out. 

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello...

I thought so but I really needed to make sure. Ya know with some apps I'm using, and there's a lot I use daily, seem to have gone coo-coo after cleaning cache only. Granted all of the ones going crazy have had updates since last used. I could've really blamed that and actually I did! But I'm like it can't be all of them acting too differently from last time. It could it be updates - those dreaded updates! And so the cache cleaners (I'm evaluating 2 of them side by side, are so efficient that it's screwing with the app itself. I've whitelisted the ones from auto cache to stop it if it is even though the proverbial barn door was open and damage done. Oops, I left and forgot where I was . Oh well I've typed out too much anyway. Lol lol. I got that problem. Lol argh.

Thank you for your reply.
Best,
Joel
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi KnightRiderRalph...

Question for ya. I have 2 Android devices and I have a McDonald's app on both. They had an update on June 20th that messed up the ordering from Deals part of the menu. I've tried everything I know to fix the problem if it's my device. I also used both devices and troubleshot both in the same ways, as well as the web version of the app. No go.

So, my question is if I delete DATA from one device will it also delete the data from the second? Not that it's a big deal but if rather not delete the data if I don't have to because I did that already and it didn't work. However, there was a second update just a week ago and I want to go through the process again and see. My gut tells me this problem exists with APP not me devices, but...

What do you think? Will I lose my data from both even though I didn't physically delete from one of them?
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
8/18/24. I noticed last night while trying to locate some file that they brought back the clear cache option in Samsung My Files. And it's wicked fast, too. However, out of 1.9 GIGS (whew that's a lot, I think) it cleared all but 460 MEGS- mostly classified as hidden.

Even after running CCleaner (I got that one and it's really, really good) and it bought the hidden cache from 460 to 47 which I think is awesome. But I'm very happy to see Samsung delivering what I think is a good tool back.

I want to add that CCleaner I had to run it 2x to bring large cache buildup from 1 to sometimes a bit over 2 GIGS down to about 100 megs on average.
0 Likes