Original topic:

Unable to delete Samsung account from Samsung phone

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
erhmygerd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S9 and I'm unable to delete my account from this device. 

Settings -- Accounts -- (my Samsung account) -- then the only option I get here is "Samsung account policy updated"

Regardless of whether I click 'Agree' or 'Cancel' it just kicks me back to the accounts screen and I can't do anything else. Please help. I'd really like to delete my account.

0 Likes
6 Replies
2RawTX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to, accounts and then select the Samsung account. You should be able to do it from there.
0 Likes
erhmygerd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Right, that's what I expected. Like I said in my post, that isn't working. Instead, it just presents me with some 'Policy updated' screen where I get into a dead-end loop of Agree or Cancel for the Samsung policy update. Hope that's clear 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi! If you want to permanently delete, go to a Samsung account, click "profile info" and then click the three dots at the top where it will say "delete account".
If you want to sign out, go to settings, click on your Samsung account, scroll to the bottom, and click on the sign-out button.
Hope that helps!
erhmygerd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I never see the option 'Profile Info' nor 'Delete Account'. Instead it goes directly to some Samsung policy update screen, where my only options are 'Accept' or 'Cancel'... and regardless of which option I choose, it kicks me back to my 'Accounts' screen where nothing has changed. 

I'm assuming you were suggesting this from my Settings --> Accounts screen on my Samsung Galaxy S9 device. If you were suggesting a webpage, please let me know. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can you post a screenshot?
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would contact support the steps given by Bella Rivera should of done it there's a issue with your account or browser
0 Likes