Original topic:

When answering a call, you have to wait a second to put call on speakerphone

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
moddysupersonic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I know it's not much but I like to put my phone on speakerphone the second I answer my calls. Now it takes an extra second for phone to pickup the call or signal then it let's you put it on speakerphone. Any solutions?
4 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is one second really that much of an annoyance?  If you answer the phone, they will hear you at the other end, and by the time you press the speaker button, you will be able to hear them.  Actually, with the volume up loud, even not on speaker, you will hear the caller. If it actually bothers you that much, wear a headset or ear bud and you can answer immediately or set it to answer automatically (this option is only available when connected to a BT device).  I haven't paid much attention to my call screen lately, but isn't there an option to answer with speakerphone?  I think that one second delay is built in and there's no sidestepping it.

0 Likes
moddysupersonic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the default samsung s20 fe phone app which doesn't have the option to answer with speaker phone. You have to pickup the call, then press speaker phone. Lately I noticed it takes an extra second to let you press speakerphone. If you press it right after answering the call, the button acts like it doesn't work, so you have to press it a second time.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, the extra second is by design. You can always download a different dialing app and see if it's any better. Might be more of an Android thing than a Samsung thing, since it only started with Android 14.

0 Likes
KLynnM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No for us with very poor hearing we won't hear them unless the speaker is on!
0 Likes