JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't my Galaxy S10+ get Android 14 or at least 13?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
PVTBorobia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I have a Galaxy S10+ and it is running android 12. But the iPhone 11 from the same year is running the latest iOS version. Why can't my phone get all the cool features like custom lock screen, better widgets and other new features???????

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It can't get updated because it's outside of its update period and can only be updated to Android 12 the phone is too old to receive new updates and the hardware won't support the newest version of the OS

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It can't get updated because it's outside of its update period and can only be updated to Android 12 the phone is too old to receive new updates and the hardware won't support the newest version of the OS

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

PVTBorobia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's strange, the chip inside my phone is more powerful than the a13 or whatever chip in the iPhone 11 so it should be able to run it. 

0 Likes
Xiro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
While that is true samsung stops updates for devices after 4 major updates in order to preserve overall performance of the device like battery,and speed
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A13 bionic chip is a more powerful chip than the Snapdragon 855, the chip in your phone
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The S10 series came with 3 urs of OS and 4rs security patch support
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apple doesn't put all features in older devices, as well as certain backend things. Apple also has astronically less phones to support which gives them more resources.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The S10 lite was the only one of the S10 series to get Android 13. Mine got it.
0 Likes
Mac-18
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just depends on how long the manufacturer will support it.
0 Likes