For some of my apps, I get two copies of every notification that comes in, both in the sound alert and in the notification panel. Any idea how to stop this?
This happens for some of my email and social media accounts even though I only have one copy of each app.
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Boot your device in safe mode to know if third-party apps have something to do with the problem. In so doing, all third-party apps and services will be temporarily disabled and this immediately isolates the problem.
- If the device is frozen and won’t respond, try to do the Forced reboot or soft reset procedure, which will perform the simulated battery disconnect.
- It is also advisable that you delete all the system caches so that they’ll be replaced with new ones as they often get corrupted especially during firmware updates. To do so, you just have to boot your phone in Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition.
- If all else fails, it’s better to just backup your files and data and then do the Factory reset. This procedure will bring your phone back to its factory default settings while deleting every third-party files, data, apps, etc.
- Better yet, do the Master reset, which, aside from bringing your phone back to its factory defaults, formats both the cache and data partitions and thoroughly delete possible corrupt system caches, files and data.
Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Thank you for your response, but I found out that the problem is solved much more simply.
When I bought my phoneI I used Smart Switch to transfer my apps. After doing so, I wanted to keep some of those apps in the Secure Folder so added them there. This resulted in some apps appearing in the Secure Folder--their app icons had a lock in the lower right corner. However there was still a copy of the app in the regular app folder. When this happens, the S8 acts as if these are different apps and when a message comes in on the app, it's posted twice--once from each app. And it can also have two windows of the app open at the same time.
THE SOLUTION is to go into the main app folder (not the Secure Folder) and uninstall the app. You will be left with only one copy of the app in the Secure Folder.
I think what @userH5ThXLkayY is getting at is that if you delete the app from your app drawer this will help solve your difficulty.
If you need help with anything else, please let us know! Our community is always happy to help. 🤓
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
I've had the same issue...multiple notifications. I solved it by finally finding where to turn it off. Go to settings then notifications. Scroll all the way to the bottom of your list of apps. You will see more options where it says "looking for something else". Click on notification reminder and turn it off.
This has been driving me crazy for months! Fixed!
I'm having the same issue and nothing has worked. When I swipe to dismiss a notification, especially IG, it immediately pops up a second time forcing me to dismiss each one again. On another app, I get two immediate notifications. I'm running nova launcher and I'm wondering if that's the issue, and why it only happens with some apps. I don't understand the app drawer solution if someone could explain that better.
So I have this multiple notification issue with Gmail and other apps on my galaxy 46mm. These notifications come to my watch and immediately a read and dismiss the notification, which successfully dismisses, but only to find another repeat notification appears after approx. 5 seconds (which needs to be dismissed again).
I am not sure what is causing this but the solution above does not help as I do not have secure folder enabled or do not have nova launcher.
I think it is a bug with S8 software and/or watch firmware/software. Does anyone have any ideas?