JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

emergency mode on newer samsung phones

(Topic created: 07-06-2023 09:55 PM)
JonatanSaevar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i remember my old galaxy s6 had an emergency mode feature. i used this feature a lot when i was running out of battery, or needed to save battery for later. does this feature exist in newer versions of samsung phones? or is there a similar 3rd party alternative?use emergency mode in Galaxy S5 with Android 5 Lollipop.jpg

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes you should be able to access it from the power down menu or if it's not there you can go to Settings > Safety and emergency > Emergency mode. I have a S10+ and it's there.
0 Likes
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Emergency Mode appears to have been removed at some point. It is not available on my s23 Ultra. I just upgraded from the s10+ 1TB, which did have it.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/emergency-mode/td-p/19749383

However, using the Modes and Routines options in One UI 5.1, it should be possible to recreate the feature, which may be the reason that it was removed.
Grendeth9495
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So there is an ultra power saving mode that I believe has replaced this old feature. It'll increase your expected battery life to weeks instead of days.
0 Likes
Franktfixer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes you're right it's called power saving mode and I believe it's in the quick menu and in your battery's optimizing section