Original topic:

problem with TING provider

(Topic created: yesterday)
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently changed from AT&T to TING, I keep losing all APN configurations every time my S21 updates. My phone is unlocked. TING support says it is a glitch Samsung should correct, all S phones have this problem. Today another person at TING told me to use SmartSwitch to upgrade to a so called "version 49" software or App, which I do no see after downloading SmartSwitch to my desktop. I am using the latest 14 software version.

I guess other people are facing this problem with TING.

Thanks for any input on this.

CAvM49

0 Likes
5 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Could be a port issue or you need to change or adjust the app settings
0 Likes
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I talked to TING representatives, they guided me to the right APN configurations. The problem is that I lose those correct configurtations for TING/Verizon every time the system upgrades, or when I have to do a reset of the phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Shouldn't be changing after a update first time I heard if this on a previous phone I didn't have this happen when I ported unlocked phone got me puzzled
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This may help in network settings goto network operator and un select the select automatically option it should search for network or if it doesn't choose yours
0 Likes
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the problem, it does not select anyone because it does not find any network operator by itself. Ting works with Verizon, so it is a very special situation. I have to write down 3 different APN settings each time the phone reboots for any reason, like with a software update. Thanks.

0 Likes