cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhAtHqhjiDP
Asteroid

Hands start to tingle when using Samsung S10+

Recently I have bought a new Samsung S10+. I love all the features, but it is impossible to use, as when I hold it, as especially when it is not on airplane mode, my hands start to feel uncomfortable and tingle. It's like pins and needles in my fingers.  It starts in the fingers and goes up the arm.  I can not use it for any extended period of time. 

I took it to Samsung customer service in Hong Kong (I bought it there) and they say that there is no problem with the phone. I wonder if it the strong Wifi radation?  I am unable to use my new phone as it is now. 

I have no problem with my old phone, Apple Iphone 6 plus nor with my newer phone, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Hands start to tingle when using Samsung S10+

None of this has anything to do with the phone.... I would seek medical attention... lots of it.

SaiyanScum
Astronaut

Could it be the position that you're holding the phone? T...

Could it be the position that you're holding the phone? The size of the phone could come into play because of the way you'd hold it in your hand. I noticed that if I'm laying down and I use my pinky to support my Note 5, my pinky starts to go numb and it slowly Works down my arm until I reposition and allow blood to flow again and it never happened with smaller phones, so you may be having a similar issue. It definitely doesn't sound like anything to do with the phone since there's no difference in the Wi-Fi capabilities or any sort of other networking feature from any other phone, unless you have the new 5g enabled device. But even with 5g, I don't see why it'd cause that, though it is new and there hasn't been any studies on the effects of that network frequency on people. But since 3/4g hasn't caused anything, 5g shouldn't. So, try what I said, and if it continues see a neurologist or other doctor.

userhAtHqhjiDP
Asteroid

Re: Could it be the position that you're holding the phone? T...

It is not the position, as it is the same that I always use. And my old iPhone 6 plus is also big, so I don't think it's the size. It would make sense to see a doctor if I had problems with every phone in this size, but as the problem is only with this particular model S10+ and the  SAR radiation is up to 1.59 on the body while iPhone  6 plus is 1.19 on the body, I wonder if this is the reason.  Although it is within the limit and should not be Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Sounds like you are either holding your phone too much and getting carpal tunnel syndrome and or you need a smaller phone.

userHQ0KDHIig8
Constellation

I have this same issue with my new Note 9.   Someone suggested carpal tunnel syndrome on another post, however, this is a sudden change from my previous S7 and only occurs when I'm using this phone. It feels electrical, like the energy in a room with a live wire, or the pain after a small electrical shock from an outlet. The longer I hold to phone the more pronounced the feeling.

userhAtHqhjiDP
Asteroid

Yes, this is exactly what I experience.  Did you find any solution ?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Smartphone overuse can also cause sudden dizziness and other medical conditions. There's a study that MSN conducted in August 2018 and it was found that Samsung phones (back then, the Note 8) emitted the least amount of radiation, and therefore Samsung devices had the lowest SAR ratings.

Radiation exposure doesn't cause finger tingling anyway...usually the effects are felt in the digestive system...nausea, vomiting, etc. Best bet would be to see a medical professional for the finger tingling.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userhAtHqhjiDP
Asteroid

Sure , but as I said it doesn't happen after using the phone for 5 hours nonstop. It basically starts immediately after picking up the phone.  I can scroll for a bit. But never play a game. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

I'm no medical professional but what you're describing matches the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome almost to a "T".

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/symptoms-of-carpal-tunnel-syndrome#1

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!