JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No "Unlock OEM"

(Topic created on: 10/11/19 1:22 PM)
DJDvrkStylez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Looking in my Developer options, I have no option to select "Unlock OEM" where it used to be. I know Samsung disabled it and basically set a 7 day timer on it so you ha EA to wait a week after enabling Dev options.....but I've had dev options on for nearly a month now :eyes:

20 Replies
Solution
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S10

@DJDvrkStylez wrote:

Looking in my Developer options, I have no option to select "Unlock OEM" where it used to be. I know Samsung disabled it and basically set a 7 day timer on it so you ha EA to wait a week after enabling Dev options.....but I've had dev options on for nearly a month now :eyes:

Try this post and see if it will help:

https://www.xda-developers.com/fix-missing-oem-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s9-samsung-galaxy-s8-samsung-ga...

View solution in context

DustStar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Even unlocked s10 has a locked bootloader so there is no OEM unlock. Only the ones outside of US has the option to unlock.

userIqeCjlpnTp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

That is idiotic.   I have a note9 and cannot get the OEM unlock to show up...... Also the LAST Samsung phone I will ever buy...... sick and tired of being told what you can and can't do with something you OWN.

userEiWPScpyfq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Yes, Samsung is complete garbage. I can't unlock mine. I will never buy Samsung again. I am looking to buy a new smart TV, and was thinking they are a good brand, but after this, I will never buy anything with their name on it.

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hey guys, I just want to put the disclaimer out there that modification of the software in any way will void the warranty on the phone.

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJdfn1Ml6hv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Voiding the warranty? Please...that's the trade off myself and thousands like me are aware of, and IT'S WORTH IT! Besides these are cheap, I'll buy another if need be. Put it back. 

Please

userJaE7sqPc2Z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I don't care about my warranty. This phone is 3 years old now and it's getting slow on the stock software. I WANT to flash a custom rom like Lineage OS or Pixel Experience to speed it up and improve my battery life. IS THERE ANY WAY to unlock the bootloader on the SNAPDRAGON US variants of the note 8? You probably won't reply anyways considering this comment is over a year old now, but it's worth a shot.

userdUtUYdoql4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

This is horse s***. What is the point of an android device if you can't customize it to be the way you want? Doesn't this bootloader lock violate laws protecting right to repair? I OWN this device!! Warranties on a device I don't like are worthless to me.

user6fs6TE6n0N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

If your mentioning that if you modify the bootloader you void the warrenty but your not giving the option to viod it.Scummy Samsung.I have stood by you since the Epic 4g Touch from Sprint came out.It was then too that you tried this sh**.The one time I decide to buy unlocked version,it still cant be unlocked.Its okay I found a solution then I found a solution now.My advice is listen to your customers more and quit thinking you own our phones.You just make people mad and they find a way anyway.Every year I see less and less frinds and family buying your phones.Isnt that a sign.Its a sign to me to move on from your greddy azz.I will never send my phone in for repair with your services.I dont think anyone will because of your prices for one.Yes Ive been there and Two your bogus practices.Good Luck

0 Likes