Original topic:

Bluetooth Order of Agency

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 07:19 PM)
Saint_Davis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Forgive me, I know it's a lot.

I'm just a curious consumer, who values Samsung as a brand, and am also wondering if there's any programming or interface with which to change the order of agency withing my group of paired Bluetooth devices. For the sake of an example, if I'm close to my Samsung Smart Home Fridge whilst wearing my Galaxy Buds (I do not own a smart fridge, but I know they exist) and I'm streaming an app compatible with both devices, then which device would my phone try to sync with if they're both on and ready to pair?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Saint_Davis Here is what you do:

1. Swipe down from the top of screen. 
  2. Click on Media Output
  3. Ensure that only your Buds are enabled as a music destination

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
The problem with this is what if you have multiple devices that you often stream to? You can't do order of agency by something like signal strength because then your phone assumes that the strongest signal is the item you want, but many factors can affect signal strength. If you only have one device that you stream to then you can set the other devices to only be used for calls. If you have the Sound Assist app from the Samsung app store then it has a couple little tricks that might help, but I'm still new to that app myself.
Saint_Davis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I was thinking more of an option to prioritize your paired devices by order of importance, however I was playing around my phone and remembered a media output button in the tray. I will most definitely check out that app suggestion, Sound Assist, though.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Saint_Davis Here is what you do:

1. Swipe down from the top of screen. 
  2. Click on Media Output
  3. Ensure that only your Buds are enabled as a music destination