JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE microphone does not work on keyboards

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 02:34 PM)
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Neither the Google Gboard nor Samsung keyboard microphones work nor Google VoiceTyping. I have wasted an hour and can't figure out how to fix it so I can voice type. I don't know where else to look. Can you help? Thanks very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't know what happened other than I ran 2 updates in the Samsung Galaxy store and now all of a sudden I can do voice typing. Thank you for your help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try going to Settings > Apps > 3 vertical dots > Show System Apps > Samsung Keyboard > Storage > Clear Data

and try the same way with Samsung Voice input. 

If the 3 vertical dots won't show the Show System app option try this.

Settings > Apps > Hamburger icon (This can be found on the right side of the word " Your apps " ) > Enable show system app then Okay. 

0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks! I can't find any of what you say! I can't find System app anywhere. I did clear data on 5he Samsung keyboard but no help. Still can't voice type on all 3. ☹️
0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Finally did a search for Show System and found Show Hidden System Files and turned it on. But it bdidn't help.
0 Likes
Solution
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't know what happened other than I ran 2 updates in the Samsung Galaxy store and now all of a sudden I can do voice typing. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes