JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard press home button gone on S20?

(Topic created: 03-05-2020 05:12 AM)
userN8gVUbQVIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just got my S20 and it seems like the hard press home button feature is gone. I had gotten used to it with my S9. I'm guessing this is because of the new fingerprint reader. Or am I missing something? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
Members_eyAAdIP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

FYI, I was looking for the hard press home button also.  Now when I want to open up my note 20 ultra I just double tap on the screen and that works. 

0 Likes
Xaemes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
yes but what I loved about it was how u could use it to exit an app. now its gone with the note 20 and i miss it.
userN8gVUbQVIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same 

0 Likes
usersAF6IVawNQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, I just got my note 20. I also missed the hard press feature .  It seems however that all it takes is a quick double or triple tap where you used to hard press and it should wake your screen from sleep. 

Obviously won't work with apps open to close them but its better than waking the screen with the button. 

I have always used the swipe feature to avoid having buttons on screen so I usually just swipe from bottom up in the middle to minimize an app anyway.

Hope you have since figured it out. Otherwise hope this helps.

0 Likes
Xaemes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
can smasung bring back the hard press button. it made life so much easier.
user2h0gODl03R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung's own website specifically says they have the hard press home button on the 20 series, and they give directions how to turn it on... https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/pressure-sensor/#:~:text=Thanks%20to%20the%20touchscre...

it's not there though. So maybe it's a regional thing.