JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy keyboard layout

(Topic created: 12-03-2020 10:18 AM)
GalaxyGirl20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I had using Galaxy devices in Japan and loved the easy to customize & use keyboard. But I retuned to the USA last month & got a new S20 FE phone hoping to have the same keyboard experience. Unfortunately, the US version of the keyboard doesn't seem to have all of the display options that the Japanese versions do. I especially miss the navigation arrows that appear to the right of the space bar on Japanese phone in English input mode. On US phones the arrows only appear in Japanese input mode, so far as I've found. 
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the bottom navigation arrows appear in English input mode on US phones or how to get a different version of the keyboard that has the same keyboard functions as Japanese phones? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@GalaxyGirl20 Try this:

1. With the keyboard open, click the 3 dots to the right of the toolbar.
  2. Click on the "Text editing" icon.
  3. This opens an area for you to control the cursor. 

Or as an alternative, when you are typing in text you can hold on the space bar and slide left or right to move the cursor in the text. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@GalaxyGirl20 Try this:

1. With the keyboard open, click the 3 dots to the right of the toolbar.
  2. Click on the "Text editing" icon.
  3. This opens an area for you to control the cursor. 

Or as an alternative, when you are typing in text you can hold on the space bar and slide left or right to move the cursor in the text. 

GalaxyGirl20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the tips. They are helpful. I'm more likely to use the last one than the 1st as it's easier & faster to use.
0 Likes