JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to make conference calls?

(Topic created: 08-01-2023 02:38 PM)
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Verizon samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g.... Apparently what I don't have is the ability to make a conference call. I have done so on my previous phones and 2 or 3 times on this one, but when I tried a little while ago (it was a really important call that never did happen😔) it disconnected immediately and informed me that I can't make conference calls.
I checked with Verizon, it's not from them, my plan is ok with it... That leaves just Samsung... Please help lol, I really want to know why I can't and how to fix it 
Thanks in advance 🙏

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ideally, you would attempt to make another conference call in Safe Mode. If it works, then a 3rd party app is interfering. If not, it's still (most likely) a mobile carrier problem. Taking it into a Verizon store and having them troubleshoot in person would be the best bet. Make sure you can make conference calls before you leave, because it's a mobile provider service that's included in your (and most other individuals') bill. 

View solution in context

20 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Conference calls are 100% initiated by the user and achieved through the service provider it truly has nothing to do with the phone itself once you know you are able to do it on your service plan follow these steps Call the first person for your conference.

Tap the “add call” button.

Add more guests.

Tap the “merge” button.

Repeat the above steps to add more callers.

K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's exactly what I did, I was the one setting it up, and it connected for maybe 2 seconds at most and informed me that I'm unable to make conference calls
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Found this if it's helpful Screenshot_20230801_182345_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230801_182435_Chrome.jpg
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, I did it correctly, ur post confirmed it.... I don't know what is wrong.
Verizon said it's allowed with my plan, but....?
Actually now that I'm thinking about it, the last few days I've had issues connecting to my wifi at home... I push the wifi button on my phone, it comes on like normal, con it doesn't connect to network unlock I make it to do.... That's never happened before
I think the 5g situation is involved somehow
On Well , I guess I'm going to Verizon tomorrow
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was thinking about it I found the issue i believe so I just tried i have Verizon also make sure you shut wifi calling off or it won't work. I turned on won't work shut off works
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, I've never used wifi calling so it was definitely off. I just think I her to come to terms with no conference calls for me 😢lol
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol I'm sorry 😞 I wish I could help. It's so weird it's not . I have Verizon also but use s23 ultra and fold 4 soon 5 but seems ok. But maybe in your area something is down. I bet just one day randomly it will start working 💪
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's ok, I'll survive, I hope lol. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it randomly started working, either, that type of stuff happens a lot with Verizon and/or Samsung... I don't ever know which to blame/thank depending on the random whatever
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@K_87 I know you said you don't normally make conference calls. Would you happen to know if this first occurred after an update? I realize that it's probably difficult to gauge when you lost the + functionality, or if you even had it at all, if you didn't use the feature to begin with. I just thought I would ask.