JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where is Secure Start (or Secure Boot) on the S20?

(Topic created: 03-04-2020 09:22 AM)
userQgWZhVaUe2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

On my Note 8, I was able to 'encrypt device', to prompt for a PIN or PW to boot the phone.   I understand on the Note 10, there's a Secure Start option.   Where are either of those options on the S20?   Is it still possible to encrypt the entire device (I've already encrypted the SD card)?

thanks,

daryl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andee78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
17 Replies
aswoff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I can't find it either.

0 Likes
user5ksXmrJzZ5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

See the screenshot. 

Screenshot_20201125-132007_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

It appears it's missing. It seems it's on by default meaning you have to enter your pattern or passcode before the device will even boot. Which also means you won't get notifications until you unlock your phone once and for me this is a problem because this affects alarms. I can't have my device reboot and my alarm not go off. It's possible this could happen from an automatic update or routinely setting your device to automatically reboot once a week to maintain performance. If anyone figures this out, please reply. 

Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

As you can see after reboot I get the phone is starting message.As you can see after reboot I get the phone is starting message.

user6O8L8eZTDo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't see any option to turn it on either.

0 Likes
user5ksXmrJzZ5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

See the screenshot.

Screenshot_20201125-132007_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@aswoff @Durstee235 @user6O8L8eZTDo @userQgWZhVaUe2 hey all!

This was changed a bit a little while ago. It's now know as Strong protection.

Settings>Biometrics and security>Other security settings>Strong protection

Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

@VerbumVeritum As you can see it's not here. I've been told by a Samsung community expert that it's enabled by default when you have a pin, password or pattern enabled for your lock screen (which includes using biometrics because it forces one of those for backup) and it doesn't appear it can be disabledScreenshot_20200317-233703_Settings.jpg

1MIKE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you know if Samsung will add this feature back via a future update?

0 Likes