JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After 6.0 Update Can't Access Home Screen

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 06:38 AM)
Samsung_9TfosMb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Before the update I could get to my home screen from my open apps screen by tapping the blank spot under the app. Now when I do this, my phone pulls up the last app in the view and I have to close the app to get back to my home screen. It's very annoying and inconvenient. This is also happening on my wife's phone as well since the update. We have Galaxy S21s. I have included screenshots.

1000013455.jpg

 

1000013456.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_9TfosMb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I figured it out for my phone. When I'm in the recents screen I can revert to the home screen if I swipe up as if I'm minimizing an app.

View solution in context

3 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I remember that Samsung said they've changed the operation of touching empty space on recent app screen in One UI 6, but I can't find the source that I read about it.
bsFlip4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This is also happening to my Galaxy z flip4 that just updated to One UI 6.0. I have tried modifying the sensitivity of the touch area under settings>display>navigation bar and even if I switch to swipe from bottom instead of swipe from sides and bottom, the indicated action does not work. It always takes me back to the last opened app.
Solution
Samsung_9TfosMb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I figured it out for my phone. When I'm in the recents screen I can revert to the home screen if I swipe up as if I'm minimizing an app.