Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
userc0PKeCdyYv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I legitimately hate this change. When I first noticed it I almost cried with how mad I was. This is a beautiful opportunity to allow for customization here.  Please change it back! 

userC59cC1N2di
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I feel everybodies pain about this so much. I have all my apps in folders and have so for years. It looks like Samsung doesn't seem to know lots of people do. I have been using samsung phones since the s2 came out. And i beleve they did this too with the s5 or s7: after an update they changed the layout and so put everything out of order. I'm afraid with that phone they never made an option or put it back:(

userqmHmPA4req
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you listening, Samsung?!?!
userMJbHmhXSWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just logged-in to post a comment and share my frustration, this is really annoying!

kjGalaxyPhone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue for me... brain is not liking it at all.
userMCuoaL6vDm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I would love to see this issue fixed as well! Far too much wasted space/padding.

DaveWang
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
please fix it ASAP
usermfMcvYBFfB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Agree with all and adding my two cents.  SAMSUNG - What were you thinking?  Ludicrous.  Please rectify ASAP.

Members_aYqaHWi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This need be fixed asap

useriqowCPHyDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Man. This just makes me so mad. You'd think they would kinda highlight changes like these? Hey by the way we're gonna change the way your folder layouts that you have been using for years! No more 16 icons on a single page! Now it's 12! And you have to swipe to get those last 4!

Of course my 30 trial just ended on my S20+ and can't give it back. And now I have to either factory reset my entire phone and reinstall everything! Or bend over and let some coder tell me how to live my life!

They did this with games and inverted Y. They tried to get rid of it. They tried to make  some useless, in no way important, non political statement about how people should play their games. And you know what happened to those games? They lost money and all games offer inverted Y now.

Why you playing stupid games. Let people chose what their folders look like. How is this even a thing anyone should have to ask for? Fix. This. Immediately.