JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chat room background

(Topic created: 09-17-2023 06:33 PM)
xkatchy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

For the last few weeks my Samsung Messages will not keep the background on my texts/chat rooms. It varies as to how long it stays, a few minutes, hours, or a day. It started *before* I did the last update, and has continued despite the update (currently updated to software G996USQU8EWH6 on 9/6/23). I can't find Messages in Play store or Galaxy store to undo any updates, and the only way to set the background is in a text thread and "apply to all chat rooms." I've never had an issue with this prior on the phone and I've had it for a few years now. I reset my network settings and all setting. I also tried doing an APK mirror I found in another thread but wasn't able to apply it once downloaded. I'm on Verizon and phone is not unlocked. I'd like to avoid a factory reset. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have you found a fix?

12 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I traded in my S21U for my Fold 5 so I can't check it out on that but on the Fold running the latest September patch and One UI 5.1.1 it works as it should. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

So you've been able to boot normally and remove apps that were causing it and it's working? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
xkatchy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes I believe I must have removed whatever was causing the issue. I haven't been able to.keep the background set this long since it started happening.