Original topic:

Continuous Updates

(Topic created: 03-23-2024 07:40 AM)
KatieDid1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone is stuck in a never ending update cycle. Once it updates it immediately goes into another then another then another. Right now I have it on pause but I don't know for how long before it forces it. 
9 Replies
SkylarOrion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is this a newly purchased phone?
KatieDid1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No. I got it about a month after it came out. These updates started about a week ago. I paused it the first time but after a few days it resumed and I got it paused again.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Before it started updating, did you update your phone on a monthly schedule when they were released ?

What software are you currently running?
0 Likes
KatieDid1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Whenever it wanted to update I would. This is just now a continuous update after update after update. As soon as it updates, it immediately starts another one. I have never had a phone do this before. This is the information on the phone 1711219948556.jpg1711219948575.jpg
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Try this, power off phone, while phone is off hold power and volume up buttons simultaneously, when you feel a vibration let of of buttons, you will now be in the bootloader menu, using volume buttons for up and down. Power button for Yes, scroll down to wipe cache partition, press power button scroll to yes, press power button. Reboot
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Also you can try updating via SmartSwitch and your computer/laptop.
0 Likes
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
What device is this? This used to happen on my Galaxy A50. But it eventually stopped once I finally updated them all to the newest software.
0 Likes
KatieDid1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
S21
0 Likes
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Since the device is not the newest one, it was probably factory reset and had all the previous updates deleted. It is trying to get back up to date now that it is being used again.

What I had to do, was update every night when I went to bed so it wouldn't interrupt me using it, until it eventually stopped and it was updated to the newest version. After that, you should only get periodoic updates like normal.