JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FATAL NOC ERROR on S21 Ultra, what does it mean?

(Topic created: 01-13-2023 07:56 AM)
userSFqzofiqC3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Having a lot of issues with the Galaxy s21 ultra unlocked crashing. Losing cellular signal completely triggers it, that's voice, 5g+/4g/3g as shown by a circle with slash mark through it in my status bar. If the signal comes back soon enough then the phone won't crash. If it doesn't come back quick enough then the phone will crash, sometimes repeatedly.

Settings/Battery & Device Care/Diagnostics/Power Restart Status has stopped logging.... This wouldn't be an attempt at a cover up would it SAMSUNG? šŸ¤” hmmm

I have turned on debug mode on high ( *#9900# into phone app dialer - found in forums) and upon each crash I am seeing this report.

What is this NOC error? I can't find anything about it on the web

20230111_181736_HDR-error.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSFqzofiqC3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

NOC. apparently this stands for Network Operation Center since no one is answering. If you're phone is crashing and restarting frequently and randomly and you see this "FATAL NOC ERROR" on the debug report after setting it to high it could be that there is a problem with communication to and/or fro with your NOC.

Contact your provider and escalate if you don't get results from the front-line 1st level support person or support chat.

This does not encompass everyone's s21 s22 crash issues but this was at least part of the issue for me.

EDIT:

While the answer to what is the NOC network operation center is answered. I am having fierce problems with my phone now (after just recently having 8 days of omg it's back to normal fast / stabile) I was stuck in repeated crashing for nearly 6hrs today. Still seeing NOC fatal errors on every crash with *#9900# enabled.

I was told to try and swap to an esim since there's less hardware to go through and esim inherently has better throughput and signal strength than a physical sim. ATM I have NO 5G internet at all, zip, zero none. Only voice and text. I see the 5G symbol with 5 bars but nothing.

I don't understand, I have 8 old phones sitting next to me that all have ZERO problem running super stabile with NO sim card inserted. Yet my galaxy s21 ultra can't last more than 10-30 seconds without an active sim in there.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
First connection to Odin and flash store rom version for samsung s21 ultr then knos will automatically load all the firmware files.
Select bootloader files according to the selected version.
0 Likes
KCtrailfinder64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 5g keeps freezing up and rebooting about once a day. Self tests come back no problems.
0 Likes
Solution
userSFqzofiqC3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

NOC. apparently this stands for Network Operation Center since no one is answering. If you're phone is crashing and restarting frequently and randomly and you see this "FATAL NOC ERROR" on the debug report after setting it to high it could be that there is a problem with communication to and/or fro with your NOC.

Contact your provider and escalate if you don't get results from the front-line 1st level support person or support chat.

This does not encompass everyone's s21 s22 crash issues but this was at least part of the issue for me.

EDIT:

While the answer to what is the NOC network operation center is answered. I am having fierce problems with my phone now (after just recently having 8 days of omg it's back to normal fast / stabile) I was stuck in repeated crashing for nearly 6hrs today. Still seeing NOC fatal errors on every crash with *#9900# enabled.

I was told to try and swap to an esim since there's less hardware to go through and esim inherently has better throughput and signal strength than a physical sim. ATM I have NO 5G internet at all, zip, zero none. Only voice and text. I see the 5G symbol with 5 bars but nothing.

I don't understand, I have 8 old phones sitting next to me that all have ZERO problem running super stabile with NO sim card inserted. Yet my galaxy s21 ultra can't last more than 10-30 seconds without an active sim in there.

0 Likes