JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Got UI 6.1 and now it keeps saying I need to install UI 6.1

(Topic created: 06-26-2024 08:59 PM)
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I already sent an error report but I'll post here as well. I have a S21 Ultra (T-Mobile) that I just updated to UI 6.1 (Android 14) about an hour ago. The update is complete (I can clip objects from photos) but now the system keeps saying that there's a new update available and I need to download and install it....UI 6.1. I checked my system just to double check that I actually had the update and, yes, my phone is running UI 6.1 and yet it still claims that I need to update to that same system. I humored my phone and hit update. Same problem. Within 30 seconds of me unlocking my phone after the update was complete, it states that there's a new update and I need to download/install UI 6.1. Out of an abundance of caution, I restarted my phone (no updating this time) to see if this would solve the issue. No. Still requesting that I update and telling me my phone will auto update in a few days despite already having the new software.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You aren't on the Latest version yet. The latest version is G998U1UESBGXF1
Here's a great post why there's updates after updates

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Update-keeps-downloading/td-p/2929216?src=ShareByUser...

View solution in context

14 Replies
CatWomanDiana
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

same here.  I've repeated the install a couple of times, then went to the community and found a post yesterday that folks who were successful could no longer use the phone - the touch no longer responded.

Yours is the first that matched my experience - and I'm wondering how to stop it from trying to update again on Saturday.

RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yep. Like, I'm glad that I can still use my phone and that this seems to be the only problem (so far). I've seen posts about folks who can no longer group message, vibrate stopped working, etc., but now I'm scared that those issues might show up later. I don't even want to think about having to purchase a new phone or do a factory reset (although, based on other posts, factory reset also doesn't solve the issues). That said, I think it's time to back up the phone just in case...
0 Likes
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Per angelg4's post down below, apparently there's several versions of the UI 6.1 update, hence the update requests. My phone is fine now after three updates.
0 Likes
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Here are some screenshots showing that I updated my system and my phone still saying that I need to update it again1719463592072.jpg1719463592088.jpg20240626_214626_1000011303_1719463586.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You aren't on the Latest version yet. The latest version is G998U1UESBGXF1
Here's a great post why there's updates after updates

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Update-keeps-downloading/td-p/2929216?src=ShareByUser...
RyceBall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
THIS. You just solved my problem. Feels a bit confusing of them to keep the UI name the same but have multiple versions. Thank you for solving the confusion.
0 Likes
Jay1011
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Does this also count for a Galaxy s24 Ultra? Cause I've been having the same thing happening and I'm also already running 6.1 android 14.

Thanks 

Jay

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Its for all Samsung phones and tablets , maybe because you don't update your software.
0 Likes
shhhhhhhhh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just like me
0 Likes