JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

First myphone catches fire then samsung has me send it in and Never sent my phone

(Topic created: 05-07-2022 06:22 AM)
Members_WQKARlm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

After no less than 5 calls to samsung about my brand new galaxy s21 ultra regarding my bad battery Samsung expected me to drive 2 hrs one way to have sm1 assure me that my battery was garbage after 74 days having it I literally had the  phone catch fire.i spoke to samsung n they had me send it to them and they "said' they will replace it. That was in October of 2021 and despite several calls pleading them to do what's right they  HAVE NOT and will not.. So after less than 80 days my $700 phone gets destroyed from plugging it in and samsung says "oh well to bad" that's why Apple is the top company and leading The pack while samsung releases sub par products. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out.  I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

View solution in context

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Android phones are so much better than Apple...because of customization features. Sorry for your issues though.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry, unfortunately those batteries are dangerous and I have not seen many if any "fire" posts so unluckily you're the first for me.  

What is the rationale that customer service is giving for not replacing it?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Btruitt95
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yup bad apple. Lol.
Samsung is snail paced. Took me bout 5mo to have them ship my item/s to me. And yes I did call once/twice a moth. You will receive ur replacement phone I am sure. B sure to put all ref#'s or support #'s in your communication with them
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out.  I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number: