JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS lock slow since June update?

(Topic created: 07-14-2023 07:10 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

I am used to the phone getting a GPS almost instantly, even if indoors. However, for the past couple weeks, I believe since the June update, it has taken minutes to get a lock. I can be walking outside with clear skies and not have a lock.

I use an app called GPS Test to visualize the satellites and it has a bunch in view and all green, for minutes and still no lock. Usually, as soon as it sees satellites it gets a lock. Satellites are in view almost instantly, but no lock and AGPS Reset mode does not help.

I am guessing it is some system process or app that is responsible for the fast GPS lock. Can anybody tell me what this process is. I would like to clear cache and/or data on it hopefully resolve the issue. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21

Literarily minutes after posting this I was prompted with a new update (G991USQU7EWF4), but still on the June patch level. Since the update, the GPS is working normally again, or nearly instant, even indoors.

I would love to know if the location fix was part of the update or if I just happened to get lucky and it might happen again.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21

Literarily minutes after posting this I was prompted with a new update (G991USQU7EWF4), but still on the June patch level. Since the update, the GPS is working normally again, or nearly instant, even indoors.

I would love to know if the location fix was part of the update or if I just happened to get lucky and it might happen again.

sammcc123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having trouble with internet access and lag, dropped calls also
0 Likes
sammcc123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This has been happening for a few months, now it's to the point where I'm probably going to leave T mobile
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

I have not seen any further GPS issues since the update so I hope it is finally fixed. I don't think Tmobile has anything to do with it, maybe Samsung for the buggy software.

I also have periodic internet and call issues. My solutions have been to turn off 5G if possible, and most importantly go to APN settings and make a new one, but with the protocol set to IPV4 vs 6. Everything else should be same as the default.

0 Likes