JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Play Store isn't updating/downloading certain apps

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 12:37 PM)
Members_NkEjIDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

*I did resolve this issue on my own, however, this was a very bizarre issue that I haven't seen anyone talk about, so this post is in case someone else has this issue as well

In the Google Play Store, it wouldn't download specific apps. I can download most apps, however, for some reason, there are problems with specific apps. For example, I downloaded Among Us previously, however after a while, the game said it needed an update. But, when I went to update the game, it said there was an error and it couldn't download. When I tried to go to the app's page to see if the app was incompatible with my device, it also said that there was something wrong. When I tried to download other apps, it would work, so the issue was only with the Among Us app.

I tried disabling the Google Play Store and restarting my phone, however, it didn't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_NkEjIDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The solution I found was to go onto my laptop(Microsoft) and open up the Google Play Store webpage. My computer is connected to my phone, so I looked up Among Us and clicked install on my computer which installed the app onto my phone. This allowed the app to update correctly and I can now use the app.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Members_NkEjIDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The solution I found was to go onto my laptop(Microsoft) and open up the Google Play Store webpage. My computer is connected to my phone, so I looked up Among Us and clicked install on my computer which installed the app onto my phone. This allowed the app to update correctly and I can now use the app.

somecoke
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a hard time finding a good place for me
0 Likes