Original topic:

Google!

(Topic created: yesterday)
SwanDawg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone else upset/frustrated Google has taken over my Samsung Phone?
I might as well switch over to a Google Pixel!
11 Replies
Laybal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Nope, I love it. Google has way more and way better features. Also, Google owns android so it's only business they flood all their services onto all android phones.
Alkaholik
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
if i would of known google was taking over i would of stayed with apple
0 Likes
Laybal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Google has owned android since 2005. Plenty of time to "know" they are taking over.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You do know that Android in of itself is a Google product.

Samsung doesn't have their own OS. They have a skin they apply to Android, it's called One Ui.

PrivacyandSecurity
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't keep a Google account active on mine. I update my apps and then delete the Google account of my system. You can turn it back on with a sign in at any time. But you don't have to keep it running all the time. I get 4 to 5 days battery life. I also disable chrome and playstore when not using them. But I never use chrome. I use at least 5 other browsers.
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
If I remember correctly, doubtful because I'm old and janky, Samsung introduced Android in about 2009 then mainstream in 2010 with the Galaxy S. So it's been essentially Android (Google) for 15 years except for the ill fated Z series Tizen phone in about 2015. So if you don't like Google, it's Apple or one of the Chinese phones that will run the new Harmony os that's being rewritten without an Android core.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

What a surprise, Google taking over a phone where it develops and owns the operating system.  If you really do not want to use Google, switch to a non-android phone.

meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Being Google is the android system used not surprised
0 Likes
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Petty sure OP is referring to Google's apps being pushed, like Messages over Samsungs.
0 Likes