Original topic:

Hiding apps

(Topic created: 03-24-2024 05:13 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Should be easy.  I  know I can place an app on my home screen and hide the app in my App Drawer.   If I place an app in a folder and hide it, it disappears from the folder.

How do I, can I, hide an app that appears in a folder?

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Use Samsung folder.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

I know how to create a folder and how to use Secure Folder.  Samsung Folder?  No idea.  A Google search didn't help.  Point me to a link, please.

0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Long press on screen - settings - hide apps in drawer and folders. Should do the trick. That how I've hidden a lot of my apps I can get rid of/ don't use
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Under Settings, I have one item with the word "hide."

"Hide apps on Home and App screen."  I have apps in that item checked, yet, putting them in a folder makes them visible again.

0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmmm you shouldn't be able to do that if you hide them. They are completely gone from my app drawer and I cant even search for them in the search bar without unhiding them. If you don't want them in a folder, did you remove them from the folder and hide again?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

let's do it this way. I have an app I can see in the app drawer. To 'hide' it, I swipe up to get the App drawer, 3 dots, settings, "Hide apps on Home and App screen." check the app to hide it, Once hidden, I can swipe up for App drawer, type the app name in Search, The app appears and I touch it to open without a complaint from secure Folder. (Not what I'd call 'hidden' or 'secure').

I can put any unhidden app in Secure Folder, open Secure Folder, which is on my Home Screen, without needing PIN/Fingerprint, and access all apps. If I go to App Drawer and select Secure Folder, I need PIN/Fingerprint to open the folder.

Now, back to the typical folder. I drag an app over another to create a folder. I can add multiple apps. If I move one of those apps to 'Hidden," it disappears from the folder.

I have no idea what all that means, but hidden apps don't really appear hidden or secure. And apps in a folder can't be hidden without them disappearing from the folder.

0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm finding that interesting that's happening to you. Like I said for myself, once hiding I can't access the app even through the search bar. I'm not sure how you're able to
0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Hidden*
0 Likes