JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Looking for a C-to-C charging cable with length 6-10 feet

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 02:46 PM)
uservdBIFl4FR5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My wife's S21 5G arrived this week and we've completed setup and activation with our carrier. After swallowing my disappointment that the phone ships without a charger we ordered the OEM charger and 1 meter cable along with the phone. Unfortunately, that cable is a bit short for where we want to use it so I went on the search for a 6-10 foot cable. I would prefer to use an OEM cable but can't find such a thing and the reviews on many after market products contain posts that are quite concerning: dead after a short period and electrical shorts which can cause fires. YIKES!

So, I'm hoping that someone in the community can provide the part number for the Samsung product (if there is one) or an approved after market product.

Thanks,

Terry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not sure Samsung sells a longer cable, but I have a JSAUX cable, and an Anope Cable at different places in my house that I have been using for years and they have outlasted the cheap Samsung cables. I even have one of the Anope cables with the 90 degree that I use to power my phone on my motorcycle and it's held up to rain, sun, heat and vibration where the Samsung cables quickly failed.

View solution in context

2 Replies
NascarJoe24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi Terry, after 2 USB - C ports shorting out I have moved to Wireless Charging only. The latest Samsung wireless charger is a Fast Charging device and I was very impressed with charge time. Identical to my wired fast Charging time. I just traded up from S10+ to the S21Ultra after while halfway thru 2 week vacation taking 100's of pics and cable charging in the car I notice while plugged in it's not charging. I replug nothing, i look into the usb C port and catch a whiff of burnt electronics. Luckily pbone still worked and i didn't lose my pics. Just made it harder to get the pics off of the phone without USB-C. I'm sold on it now! Only use USB-C for data transfer(Pics and stuff).
0 Likes
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not sure Samsung sells a longer cable, but I have a JSAUX cable, and an Anope Cable at different places in my house that I have been using for years and they have outlasted the cheap Samsung cables. I even have one of the Anope cables with the 90 degree that I use to power my phone on my motorcycle and it's held up to rain, sun, heat and vibration where the Samsung cables quickly failed.