Original topic:

Lost Contacts and how to recover them.

(Topic created: 06-15-2023 08:14 AM)
MC2M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello fellow Samsung users,
I am having an issue with my contacts. Lost almost half of them. Does anyone know how to recover them please? And I tried Google sync, contacts merge, restarting, I'd say importing but I can't find the vcf file. Is there anyone else having the same issue?

How to recover them.

Check the Contacts Trash.
 Contacts-> Hamburger Menu in upper left/ right (three dots) ->Trash ->Select one contact then click All.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
curryrussell
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just got off the phone with Google apparently it's a known issue and they are still trying to figure it out

View solution in context

22 Replies
truff13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This just happened to me also. I can't recover anything and says nothing was backed up but I kept everything backed up
wwwAAV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear that? Isn't another way to fixed.
0 Likes
EMPerror512
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here. Istg if my contacts are just gone
0 Likes
userwFhmCD0Net
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same issue. Can anyone please help? I need my contacts for work.
0 Likes
usernVsYKq8bJI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Lost my contacts. Recent call log show number but not contact name. Smh
0 Likes
PBJelly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Aanother post helped me. I found my conacts were in the trash...as if I deleted them but I didn't. I was able to restore them from there
userp5cg8yYRnJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having thr sames issues. Maybe its a global Google issue. I have done all of the same things you did. Spent hours on it so far. So annoying
curryrussell
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here - ATT user all contacts are still in my Google account but messenger seems to only be looking at Samsung account which is NOT where I store contacts...

This is a terrible problem
John70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem