Original topic:

Lost Contacts and how to recover them.

(Topic created: 06-15-2023 08:14 AM)
MC2M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello fellow Samsung users,
I am having an issue with my contacts. Lost almost half of them. Does anyone know how to recover them please? And I tried Google sync, contacts merge, restarting, I'd say importing but I can't find the vcf file. Is there anyone else having the same issue?

How to recover them.

Check the Contacts Trash.
 Contacts-> Hamburger Menu in upper left/ right (three dots) ->Trash ->Select one contact then click All.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Check the Contacts Trash.  Contacts-> Hamburger Menu in upper left->Trash

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
MC2M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. Actually this worked. Thank you again.
userxOzEQ6JXMm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The trash folder should have nothing to do with it. It is a sinking issue between Google and Samsung.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

This is not an unusual problem.  When contacts go missing they can usually be found on the Contacts Trash folder. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
BKATZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I lost more than half of my contacts. Signed out and back in to Google, no luck.
userxOzEQ6JXMm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Well, good to know it's not just me.
My Google contacts are gone from my phone.
Good news everyone, they're not actually gone from your Google account they're just not appearing on your Samsung phone.
It appears to be a syncing issue with Google and the Samsung contact app structure.
I have my normal phone number on my phone and I also have a Google voice number that I use for work. All of my contacts are still showing up in my Google voice app. They just do not show up on the built in phone app or messaging app.
I have tried restarting my phone, disabling and re-enabling sync, nothing is working.
The trash folder should not be affecting this issue as it is a syncing issue with Samsung and Google.
I hope Samsung resolves is immediately.
userxOzEQ6JXMm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
AT&T, Samsung Galaxy 23 Ultra
Schmoo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Google or Samsung need to publish a fix. My Contacts are still in my Windows Contact App. I did find Google contacts in the Trash Bin. Restored them. My Sync program I changed to 1 way from PC to Google for safety.
Solution
curryrussell
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just got off the phone with Google apparently it's a known issue and they are still trying to figure it out
userxOzEQ6JXMm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Got off the phone with Google! They're not always the easiest to get a hold of. Thanks for taking one for the team!