Original topic:

Low resolution photos in Galaxy Gallery following OneDrive sync

(Topic created: 04-30-2023 10:06 PM)
kopi8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I've recently turned on OneDrive sync on my S21 Gallery app. Ever since I've noticed that when viewing my photos in the Gallery app, they appear at a much lower quality than the original version. This does not appear to be a OneDrive problem, as viewing the photos directly from the OneDrive app displays them properly. 

Here is an example of an original photo vs the low resolution version I currently see in the app.

lowres.jpegoriginal.jpeg

I'd appreciate any insights on this matter. 

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
OneDrive stores the file with the original image and size. Your phone only keeps a small thumb nail to show what the photo would look like. If you tap on a photo and then tap on the editing pencil, you will see the picture is being downloaded and you can adjust or revise that original picture. Hope this helps

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
OneDrive stores the file with the original image and size. Your phone only keeps a small thumb nail to show what the photo would look like. If you tap on a photo and then tap on the editing pencil, you will see the picture is being downloaded and you can adjust or revise that original picture. Hope this helps
0 Likes
kopi8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the answer, you are indeed correct. Is there any way to have the proper image version display automatically when I open it in the Gallery app, without having to click on the edit button every time? As mentioned, the OneDrive app allows me to do so. If not - is there another Gallery app you would recommend that wouldn't pose similar issues?