JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy phone video call option disappeared

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 09:51 PM)
sarrif
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S21 and used to be able to video call other Samsungs. The option has recently disappeared and I cannot find a way to get it back. I can't get answers from Samsung or tmobile and I'm unable to find a resolution to this. Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix? Or even who I would turn to for a proper answer?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
The video calling you are referring to is a carrier option I would contact your carrier and ask them

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Google duo use to be the option for video calls but it was changed to Google Meet sometime ago. You may need to download it for the option to show up again

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
sarrif
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
No. This was built in to the default phone app. Not a secondary app. Used to have this video option. Now its just a Hold option instead.1713590639315.jpg
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Download Google meet, the option should be available again.
0 Likes
sarrif
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried that already on my phone with no luck. The option is still available on another galaxy on my account without Google meet.. it's not a separate app that's the problem but I appreciate the suggestion.
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to phone app settings, find in list, make video calls with setting, and also make sure video call is enabled in the list.
0 Likes
sarrif
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
LOL appreciate the help but video call on/off is not IN my settings. The option is 100% removed from this device
0 Likes
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
The video calling you are referring to is a carrier option I would contact your carrier and ask them
0 Likes
sarrif
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Except they don't know anything about it when I call
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
The option is still available. However, it only shows up for contacts who have Samsung phones, and the phones can not be locked.
0 Likes