JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My phone Doesn't Let Me Use my fingerprint in any banking apps

(Topic created: 12-17-2021 08:12 PM)
ThanosTz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought the S21 Ultra about a month ago, since then I've been getting these pop up messages from the banking apps Everytime I try to save my information or enable fingerprints saying:

You must have at least one 
security method enabled on you 
mobile device to use Remembe 
me. Please check your device 
preferences. 

Or

You haven't set up fingerprint sign in on this device
(Then giving me instructions how to set it up)

After deleting the fingerprints many times, redoing them and making sure I enable them, they work fine on my lock screen but I keep getting these messages on any banking apps like (Chase, BMO, Capital One, Credit One) and some random other apps.
What should I do ?
9 Replies
imgabelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Because that's a popular easy way how to get in someone's bank

So you could take tape and get someone's fingerprints that's why the bank blocked it
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah no it's not the banking app. Also I don't think tape would work cause it's a 3D scanner, not a normal capacitive scanner.
ThanosTz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That is not true because my fingerprint works on every other phone I have installed the same apps and it's not just on banking apps but a general issue and something that has to do with Samsung
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Type in your pin lol. As long as the device is secure. Hopefully they will fix that soon.
0 Likes
ThanosTz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Pin doesn't work either, only the passwords and I have very complicated passwords to keep my accounts secure
Solution
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried removing your device password and re-applying it? It could reset some counter the apps are looking for
ThanosTz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That actually worked!! I had to disable the pin on the lock screen and add a password instead.
A little weird that I'll have to type a password on my lock screen whenever I don't use biometrics but I'd rather do that every now and then instead of having to type it Everytime I open an app. Thank you very much MochaVex for your response! You solved the issue
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Glad it worked!!
0 Likes
Cenga387
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow this actually worked on Z Flip 3 as well. Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes