Original topic:

My s21 FE at&t locked carrier still doesn't have one ui 6

(Topic created: yesterday)
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So basically i have a s21 fe SM-G990U2 and its at&t locked, but i don't know why i even put a it&e sim in it and now i can't even take ot out because there is a dent on where the sim try comes out so it's stuck but i was wondering is it because im using a sim from a different carrier that my phone isn't updating to the new ui model?
0 Likes
6 Replies
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
The phone should be on ui 6 and android 14 clearing the phone cache may help
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@abir_670 If your phone has the AT&T splash screen at boot up, it has AT&T firmware on it. The only time your phone will find firmware updates is when it uses the AT&T update servers. If you have a different carrier's SIM card installed, your phone won't find any updates. 

If you have an old AT&T SIM card, even if it has no active service, you can install it into your phone. The phone will then read the AT&T update server location and you can use Wifi to check for updates. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

You cannot change carriers on a device without first having the device unlocked by the previous carrier.  You will have to have AT&T unlock it, then the new sim should work.  And, yes, if you are not with  your old carrier with a locked phone, you will not get the update.  Once the phone is unlocked, you should get the update from your new carrier.

As far as the dented SIM tray, is the tray bent, or is there a dent in the area where the tray would slide out?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
That could be the reason since updates come from the original service provider that the phone was purchased from.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Josphe72
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Sucks you can't take the smart card out. The only way my Note10+ plus would update is when I removed the smart card and used wifi
It would not update with that Sim card in
0 Likes
Angiethekirin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Smart switch on pc helps update it. Did that for my att a14
0 Likes