Original topic:

New Icon onscreen

(Topic created: 08-08-2024 05:47 AM)
Irishman_Darts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

454339992_10233339521258469_3773433566319385118_n.jpg

This Icon appeared on my phone approx a month ago. It is a shade lighter than the rest (inactive?) but is the first one listed. I have held the icon to see if it would give info or send me to where it is with no luck. None of my other phones have it on theirs.

It is an AT&T Business service and a Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G phone (unlocked)

Anyone know what this icon is and why?

I have asked on fb and other forums and I have received a ton of guesses but no one has it on their phones or truly know what it is

Thanks in advance

Mike

19 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Interesting, but if it came with the Samsung update everyone would have it.  See @Robin621k's post above.  I think it may have come in an update from either a router update or your ISP update.  It looks like a way to eliminate interference with your signal.

0 Likes
Irishman_Darts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The update thought was only to answer your question. The icon isn't part of my router and if it was like you said about the update, it should be on all my devices or at least my other phones. I have 5 on the plan and all but 1 are using this router while at my store. 3 of those are the same model Samsung and the other is a Samsung tablet

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you have the ZyXel router app on your phone?

If you do, the app installed the button on your quick panel.
0 Likes
Irishman_Darts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I do not have the app on my phone. I only connect to the router via WiFi. Nothing is to be installed on the phone to use the WiFi. Same as if you would auto connect to a friends or saved other WiFi connection

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't know how it got there, but it is definitely router related.

I would contact ZyZel customer support and ask them.
0 Likes
Solution
WhiteShack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever had a galaxy fit or fitbit connected to it?

Looks exactly like an old icon I had to easily check heart rate.

Open your camera and look for any health options, also check the icon again after you have the camera open.

I don't think the S21 had the heart rate sensor in them, but I know Google health would still register your heart rate by covering the bottom camera with your finger.
Irishman_Darts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks, I don't have a fitbit or any of those BUT I did just reset my camera settings and that at least changes the color of the icon from red to black (off) so that is something. Thanks for your help. Now I have a new avenue to hunt

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I just tried a circle to search, and the exact icon didn't show, but it looks like an ekg or something?
0 Likes
jade101
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
There all wrong dude I have the same icon it's a switch to turn off/on the sensors in the phone1723121384823.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
That icon is a button to turn sensors on or off. To remove that icon, go to settings - about phone - software information - tap on the build number 7 times - head to the developer options - scroll down to "quick settings developer tiles" and see if you can disable it.