Original topic:

Numerous issues to S21

(Topic created: 06-07-2024 07:38 AM)
EmDee8907
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hoping to get some input. I bought the unlocked international version back in February. Since getting the phone I have had issues. It has no warranty. 

I noticed little things at first with the phone like over heating(I've had this with all my galaxies but it wasn't too terrible) the screen would pop up with like a distorted colorful image when using apps or internet. Touch screen would not respond at times. I'd have to lock the phone then unlock.it to respond. Then my biggest headache is if I set my phone too hard the screen would go blank them I'd have to power and volume down to shut it off. Then it wouldn't come back on for over an hour then I could play around with volume up down and power then the phone would eventually turn on. 

This got persistently worse so I tried updating the phone but it always failed. And if the phone got to 60% the phone would die fast or shut off with a drained battery. 

2 days ago I updated it though the Samsung app and now I cannot use the phone at all. 

The touch screen doesn't respond at all, the only way I got my personal stuff off it was hooking up wireless mouse and I have to work quick, the phone gets super hot then drains again fast once 60% happens. 

I dont wantnto reset the phone because I don't think it's gonna help plus I'm buying a different phone so I can do a phone transfer 

I do want to get the phone fixed but have no idea is this is firmware, touch screen, motherboard or battery issue. Any help or input is very welcome

2 Replies
Granny666
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Geez and I thought I was having problems with mine! My touch screen doesn't work a lot, like you said. The display doesn't time out like it's supposed to. I go to bed at night watching a video, and I wake up in the morning and my screen is still on even though it's set to a 5 minute time out. I tell my friends my phone is possessed because it will come on and do things I don't want it to do, like type conversations I'm verbally having with someone and send a text to someone else with the entire conversation. Bixby is crazy and won't do anything I ask it to do. Was driving down the road the other day and asked it to go to my contact list & pull up my niece and give me directions to her house. First of all, it didn't understand her first name. So I finally used her last name and it pulled up her contact information but gave me directions to a business, "The House of H......z" in another state. So I tossed the phone down and begin to cuss it out it apparently called my niece. Because when I finally got there (after turning around twice) everyone was laughing at me and asking if I always talk to my phone like that. I tried turning Bixby off several times and she turns herself back on. I miss Google's help so much!!! I had a Samsung phone years ago and really liked it but I will never buy one again!!!!
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html 

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes