JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Only able to share pictures on Device

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 08:06 AM)
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm unable to share, post or print pictures. The only pictures that are allowing me to do that is on device, which it's about 20. It doesn't give me an option to see all pictures and albums like before. My phone has all pictures on it when I look. But the only ones I can share is located on device, not gallery or anywhere else. What I can to change this please? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I assume what you are saying is that the majority of your photo's are store online in OneDrive or the like.  In order to share  them with your phone you must first download them to your device. 

Did you purposely move them to online photo storage? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

12 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

I assume what you are saying is that the majority of your photo's are store online in OneDrive or the like.  In order to share  them with your phone you must first download them to your device. 

Did you purposely move them to online photo storage? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I didnt purposely move them ut obviously I did bc that where all my pictures are. In the cloud. Not any online storage.
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It only gives me option to select from device folders.
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
But when I got to gallery, inedrive and Google photos, everything is there. It's just only allows me to select from device folders
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Looks like the pictures I took a screenshot of are going to interal storage/emulated/DCIM/Screenshot
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
*folder
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Unless you change things, photos taken with the camera go into the camerqq folder.  All other apps usually go into a folder named after the app like screen shoot, Lightroom, download etc. 

And no, photos stored in cloud storage usually have to be shared through the cloud app like Google photos etc.  Otherwise you need to download them to your device before you can share them. 

Bill
---
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have thousands of photos taken with my camera. Since yesterday, the camera folder only has device pics, which a few screenshots.
Details are
Internal storage/DCIM/Screenshot or
Storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Screenshot.
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Now I just learned I can't even send a pic in a text msg without going to folder, finding gallery,. Cause again, I'm only being showed files on device pics which is in little albums they created totalling maybe 30 pics combined
0 Likes