JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Photos that I brighten using light adjudgment ends up looking gray

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 01:26 PM)
userqYBbp2rB03
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just upgraded from a S9 to a S21 Ultra. I photograph jewelry for my online store, using a light box and my phone's camera. Now when using the S21 Ultra's camera, I often use the light/brighten feature to brighten the photos and make the background look more white. But since upgrading the camera snaps the picture I want, then with in seconds, what was once a bright white background, now is a gray and darker than I intended and captured.  I never experienced this issue with my S9. is it a software option I have selected or not selected? What can be done to solve this issue?

4 Replies
Solution
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Only thing I can think of is open your Camera and press the 3 dot menu button in the top right. See if "Scene Optimizer" is on. If it is try turning it off. Also check under "Format and advanced options" and turn off HEIF Pictures.

Maybe try using the "Pro" shooting mode and adjust the white exposure prior to taking the photo. Using a camera app from the play store could fix It too
userqYBbp2rB03
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Using the Pro mode, while slightly taking longer to get the settings where I want it, is yielding exactly what I want. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and help out!

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I prefer using standard Photo mode, then make adjustments in post-processing using SnapSeed
0 Likes
userqYBbp2rB03
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'll have to look into that app and play around with it! Thank you for the recommendation !

0 Likes