JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Received texts will sound 3 times but vibrate only 1 time?

(Topic created: 04-16-2021 02:47 PM)
userYWB5bF8UcN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I just got my S21 and so far love it. My issue is when I receive a text, the sound repeats 3 times but the vibration is only 1 time. I would rather have them reversed but I can't figure out how or if I can change this. I often have my phone volume down low and in my pocket and the vibration is a better way for me to know I received a text. Can this be changed?

5 Replies
userYWB5bF8UcN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Anyone?

0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @userYWB5bF8UcN, I hope you're doing well.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the notifications from the Messages app. Is this with Samsung Messages?

Let's try something simple that should resolve the issue.

• Open the Settings app>Apps>Messages>Storage>Clear data

This will NOT remove your actual messages, it will simply reset the Messages app. You of course will need to change any specific settings in that app that you'd like. By doing this, as I mentioned will reset the app and should fix the notifications.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userYWB5bF8UcN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No. I am trying to get the notification sound to only sound one time and the vibrate to repeat. 

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, this should reset the notifications which should resolve the sound happening multiple times. As for the vibration, you can change it to a different pattern, one that repeats. You can also create a custom vibration pattern with SoundAssistant.

EDIT: You can download Sound Assistant from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.soundassistant

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userWleRYv8uQw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi i have an issue with the custom notification vibration.Some apps like WhatsApp and WeChat couldn't work with the custom notification vibration pattern,delete install clear data cache are the same.

0 Likes