JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 How to remove punch hole from screen?

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 08:06 PM)
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just bought an S21 and when it got to the software update 11, I now have a ridiculous black dot at the top of the screen. Why on God's green earth would you FORCE users to have an ugly black dot on their nice screen??? You advertise as having nice screens and you put a permanent bloack dot on it??? Are you crazy??? I try to watch movies horizontally and there's this distracting ugly black dot on my screen the entire time. You must be out of your minds to do such a thing and dare call it an "update". How do I remove it? If I can't, this thing is getting returned on Monday and I'll go to an iPhone just to keep you from ever getting another penny out of me for such ridiculousness.  Forcing me to see that ALL THE TIME??? YOU Must have lost your minds!!! How do I remove it???
23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
The "dot" is part of the phone. It's your front facing camera. I'm assuming you would like to take selfies at some point? You likely had the "show camera cutout" option turned off in settings, and had a giant blank bar at the top of your screen instead (which frankly looks worse).

Also, I hate to break it to you, but iPhones have giant notches on their screen that are 10x larger than a little dot.

Maybe do a bit more research before ranting on a forum. A simple Google search for S21 shows the camera cutout.
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No, I searched for how to remove it and the only result was a Reddit question for it that came with no resolution.
0 Likes
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Then I'll go back to my S7 which was perfectly fine except for not having 5g. Yes I'd like to take selfish with a camera that's NOT ON MY SCREEN.
0 Likes
Kristin325
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Jesus does it really bother you that much? That's just how the phone comes. Is it really worth getting rid of an S21 just because of a little black dot at the top of the screen?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Exactly. Coming from an iPhone, the punch hole was a huge upgrade!
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, no, it was NOT on my screen when I bought it. It appeared after the software update 11.
0 Likes
Kristin325
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Send a screenshot of the "big black hole" your talking about!
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
And I have read that there WAS an option to turn it off but has been taken away with the update.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings > Display > Camera Cutout

The option was not removed.