JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 How to remove punch hole from screen?

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 09:46 PM)
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just bought an S21 and when it got to the software update 11, I now have a ridiculous black dot at the top of the screen. Why on God's green earth would you FORCE users to have an ugly black dot on their nice screen??? You advertise as having nice screens and you put a permanent bloack dot on it??? Are you crazy??? I try to watch movies horizontally and there's this distracting ugly black dot on my screen the entire time. You must be out of your minds to do such a thing and dare call it an "update". How do I remove it? If I can't, this thing is getting returned on Monday and I'll go to an iPhone just to keep you from ever getting another penny out of me for such ridiculousness.  Forcing me to see that ALL THE TIME??? YOU Must have lost your minds!!! How do I remove it???
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
There is an app from the Play Store called Nacho Notch.which will camouflage the selfie camera cutout. I've used it for years on one of my devices with good results.

User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, that works, but not watching movies in horizontal mode with VLC or media player. Seems to hide otherwise.
0 Likes
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The option of camera cutout has been removed with update 11. Unless there's another update that put it back? It is not there in display settings.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
You need to do some more updates on your phone. We're on Android 13 now. If it's not on 11, it will show up for those.
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Nope I have android version 12. You can't update that, not on S21.
0 Likes
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
OK, no, that didn't do it. I'm talking about the software update, not android version. I have android 12, not 13.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm on Android 12 as well, and the option is there for me. It's under the display menu in settings.
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
NopeScreenshot_20221203-233955_Settings_301_1670128805.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Dmoore39
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You have to click on "full screen apps" then "camera cutout" will show
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
YES! THANK YOU! That worked. I never would have found that. I tried doing searches in settings with words like "punch" and nothing was showing. And for whatever reason, no matter what words i usrd to search on Google, that explanation wasnt showing. I even did Samsung online chat support (from India) and that guy told me i would need to take it to a Samsung store to resolve the issue. You didn't save my actual life, but still a life saver in my book. THANK YOU a hundred times over...