Original topic:

S21 Ultra - Usage with Fiio BTR5 - Constant pausing

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 04:09 PM)
user1VvG6Qz8Tm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here asking for help with the S21, but I'm slowly losing it with this phone, or the Fiio Btr5.

Long story short, was using a aukey bluetooth device to connect wired headphones to listen to music on the go with the phone, not requiring the use of another device with a headphone jack.

That used to work fine, but it's output wasn't the best, so I looked about for the best alternative and read the BTR5 was the best one for the price I wanted to pay.

Picked that up, and ever since using it, I've had nothing but interrupt problems while using it commuting. It seems to be constantly wanted to decipher what the mics are trying to pick up (or something else) because I keep seeing this pop up whenever the music would

Example img of the pop-up 

Has anyone else encountered this with the same if not similar setup?

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user1VvG6Qz8Tm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi @henfredemars,

Thank you for your thoughts and input. I did have Bixby turned off, tried turning Hey Google detection off, and the bluetooth options, amongst other potential fixes, to no avail.

However I believe I found the cause of the issue - I think it was faulty headphones. I tried using a pair with no mic built in (TRRS connector) with the BTR5,  and it's now working perfectly. I'm thinking, hypothetically that with the headset having a mic, as well as the BTR5 having one built it, there may have been some sort of conflict? Since using the ones without, it's been perfect.

View solution in context

2 Replies
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
It looks to me almost like the voice assistant feature is getting triggered.

Check out your side key configuration and see if turning off the option to launch a voice assistant is turned on. Might be getting pressed.

Maybe try turning off Hey Google detection if you have that feature enabled.

Maybe try in your Bluetooth settings disable the ability of the device to control your phone. This might be available depending on how it is detected.
0 Likes
Solution
user1VvG6Qz8Tm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi @henfredemars,

Thank you for your thoughts and input. I did have Bixby turned off, tried turning Hey Google detection off, and the bluetooth options, amongst other potential fixes, to no avail.

However I believe I found the cause of the issue - I think it was faulty headphones. I tried using a pair with no mic built in (TRRS connector) with the BTR5,  and it's now working perfectly. I'm thinking, hypothetically that with the headset having a mic, as well as the BTR5 having one built it, there may have been some sort of conflict? Since using the ones without, it's been perfect.