Original topic:

S21 Update

(Topic created: a month ago)
Blove24
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

More Galaxy S21 users grabbing September 2024 update in the US

Samsung is now rolling out a September 2024 security update to more users of Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphones in the US. This update was available on the Verizon network, and now, the company is expanding it to the Galaxy S21 series on T-Mobile, Sprint, and DISH network carriers.

Users of the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphones are getting a September 2024 security update in the US with version G991USQSCGXH2, G996USQSCGXH2, and G998USQSCGXH2 respectively. This update is currently live for locked models and will soon be available for unlocked models.

With the latest update, your phone’s performance gets a boost as it fixes 1 critical and 43 high-level security issues. One of the vulnerabilities was fixed in a previous update, and 1 doesn’t impact Galaxy devices.

Moreover, Samsung also fixes 23 security fixes for My Files, Theme Center, One UI Home, Knox, and Dex to make your experience better. Overall, this update makes your device more secure, reliable, and stable.

Aside from the security, it enhances some functions to provide better performance. It fixes several bugs to make the device more stable and reliable.

To install the update, open the smartphone’s Settings, select ‘Software Update’, and then ‘Download and install’. Following these steps will ensure that your Galaxy smartphone is up-to-date with the latest security protections

4 Replies
user5vU5CViEee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Assume this is the update that ruined samsung my files copy/move files portion? If so, hold off as long as you can if you use my files and have to move files a lot.
SPC1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My Bluetooth did not put up my phone. How do I fix the problem?
0 Likes
Juggalo333
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just updated and now in Samsung dex everything is stuck in full-screen. Which makes it almost useless.
0 Likes
ultralost
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I was so happy thinking this update would fix my constantly dropping Bluetooth and Wifi. Downloaded and installed. Restarted phone. yay! bluetooth and wifi came up....then an hour later....(cue spongebob meme) wifi and bluetooth randomly turn off in the midst of a phone call. Tried restarting phone...nope...back to old self.  So much for hope.

Samsung - this is a known ongoing problem - why won't you issue a fix? Is it because you are trying to force us to upgrade our phones? In one of Samsung's own post - they admit they know it is a problem. Yet they have not provided a update or fix. At home, I have blazing fast WIFI that my whole family gets to enjoy but me. I am forced to use data and while i have unlimited - i get throttled (that doesn't sound good but that is the correct term).  At the gym...I have to pray to the bluetooth gods my phone will give me bluetooth so I can pair my Samsung Buds with my samsung 21 Ultra. 

Sure these may seem like "first world problems" but i paid for a phone (and it wasn't cheap) to use all of these services. My wife's Pixel works great with no issues. I gave my daughter my old Samsung 10 and that still works fine.