JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder crashing

(Topic created: 02-05-2023 07:45 AM)
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 updated last night. Since the update I haven't been able to access my secure folder. When I click on the icon I get the fingerprint prompt. As soon as the print is accepted the app seems to open where I can see all of the app icons, I then it immediately closes. I've tried using the pin and clearing the cache and app data. No luck. Anybody else with this issue?
68 Replies
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Rolling back worked for me too. Thanks!
0 Likes
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Glad it's working for others.

Apparently I can't mark my own post as the accepted solution. Do you mind trying? On your phone you can click the three vertical dots across from my name on that post. "Accepted solution" should be an option. Thanks.
0 Likes
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Not really the solution though. 1.8.01.5 is still busted so we can't take the update.
0 Likes
SapperBill
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Also worked for me!
0 Likes
userMVGFuMmJul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
having the same issue here
S22 Ultra
0 Likes
rlin_ucla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I opened phone in Safe Mode and was able to retrieve and move out all my documents from Secure Folder. This at least allows me access to my files.
userAk0UTHrGwT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Exact same problem for me 😞
0 Likes
userAk0UTHrGwT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Secure Folder app is not available on Galaxy Store anymore!
0 Likes
userGgZXWng8Qm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It is on the Play Store though! Look it up on Play and uninstall all app updates
0 Likes
Solution
userGgZXWng8Qm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same problem with Secure Folder version 1.8.01.5. Using the Google Play Store, I was able to look up Secure Folder and uninstall all updates to the app (can't completely uninstall because it is a system app). After uninstalling updates, I was reverted to version 1.8.00.41, and Secure Folder now works! No more app crashing. Interestingly, after reverting to 1.8.00.41, searching the Google Play Store, Galaxy Store, and "About" section in the Secure Folder app all show 1.8.00.41 as being up-to-date/ the current version! My guess is that 1.8.01.5 was broken and caused these crashes, so they pulled the update, but failed to roll back that update for anyone who already updated. At least it's working now.