Original topic:

Smishing killing battery and service

(Topic created: a week ago)
gettingangry
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Im getting messages claiming to be USPS. I opened the text to forward it to AT&T and it auto joins a group message that has to be left. After reporting it i moved the message to my trash. I went to delete it and its showing thousands of messages and the numbers do not line up from one page to another. I never got those thousands of messages but its showing there are over 200mb of data there. Ive never heard of this happening and we are only warned about clicking links in the messages, never that just reading a text will cause problems. My battery has been experiencing issues as well as my phone signal. Contact support? Three people and over an hour later im told not to open links in messages and asked for some information repeatedly provided. Raj didnt do anything, mohammed saye didnt do anything. Is Syed going to do something? Tell me to contact my cell phone provider. Had no idea at&t is apparently responsible for all android and samsung hardware and software. Learn something every day, learned that samsung support is a joke. Enough to make me want to switch to apple products. Opening a text message is enough to have these fancy phones messed with, wonder if apple has the same problems with their products. 

8 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been reporting spam messages for years, I really don't think reporting it actually does anything, next time just delete it and don't open the text
0 Likes
Twiggy62
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Had the same problem started telling them I was on. The do not call or text list. It helped a lot
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Permanently delete the text. From Messages > 3 dot meun > Trash delete and block the group chat.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Block the group chat first, then delete.
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Also it gives you the option to block when you deleting a message. 1718979315414.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

But if the messages are already in the trash, he would have to select one to block. Unless, of course he is still getting the messages because he didn't block before deleting.

0 Likes
boo1e3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks guys. Now I have all the evidence I need
0 Likes
daddy23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Ii n I